August 12, 2013
This past weekend, the Legion National Youth Track & Field Championships took over McLeod Park in Langley. Thank you to all the volunteers, officials, the Legion and all organizers for making this great event possible.
The 2013 Legion Championships were highlighted by 11 record breaking performances. The following new Championship records were established by BC athletes:
- Midget Girls 80mH – Chicago Bains / British Columbia – 11.48
- Midget Girls Pentathlon – Nina Schultz / British Columbia – 3332
- Midget Boys Pentathlon – Jasper Schiedel / British Columbia – 3257
- Midget Girls 4x100m – BC-Yukon – 47.69
- Midget Girls Hammer – Chanell Botsis / British Columbia – 55.21m
- Youth Girls Hammer – Natasha Akbarizadeh / British Columbia – 56.21m
For all 11 established records, click here – Full story
Thanks to Athletics Canada, we have a compilation of the Championship Medalists for all 3 days of the competition. Click the links below to view.