Interior Regional Athletics Coach – Middle Distance & Cross Country
The Kamloops Track & Field Club in partnership with viaSport, Cdn Sport Institute-Pacific, PacificSport Interior and BC Athletics is looking for a self-starting, motivated and experienced Middle Distance and Cross Country Coach for the position of Interior Regional Athletics Coach. This is a part-time coaching position.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a history of successful Middle Distance and Cross Country Coaching;
- Have complete Athletics Coaching Certification – Endurance – minimum Club Coach (Old Athletics Level 2) or equivalent education, training and experience;
- Be a self-starter who can work independently as well with a team of dedicated volunteers and paid staff;
- Be an innovator and motivator with experience in planning, developing and delivering Athletics programs;
- Have experience in working in an Athletics Club or equivalent in the non-profit sector;
- Have experience in reporting to a Board of Directors and funding partners;
- Have an interest in growing the club and the sport of Athletics;
- Have a post-secondary degree in a related field; and
- Have had a criminal records check since 2010.
- See appendix A
- 20,000 per year
Competition/Training Camp Travel:
- As part of the Kamloops TFC Brd approved annual Competition/Training Camp Budget
- Professional Development:
- $1000 per year
Program and Outreach:
- As part of the Kamloops TFC Brd approved annual Program Budget/Outreach Budget
Starting Date: February 10, 2014
- Please provide a letter of application
- A resume of education, training and experience
- Three references
- February 1, 2014
Submit Applications to:
Judy Armstrong, President
Kamloops Track & Field Club
#182 – 230 1210 Summit Drive
Kamloops, BC V2C 6M1
The Kamloops Track and Field Club is an equal opportunity employer and invites applications from all interested and qualified individuals. Only those qualifying individuals will be contacted to arrange an interview.
Interior Regional Athletics Coach
Middle Distance / Cross Country
POSITION: Interior Regional Athletics Coach, Kamloops
DESCRIPTION: The Interior Regional Athletics Coach-Kamloops through the Kamloops Track and Field Club and in partnership with BC Athletics, will provide coaching services for cross country and middle distance running plus technical support to the KTFC members and other athletes within the region. This includes developing annual training, monitoring and competition programs for athletes in partnership with their personal coach. These duties will be conducted with professionalism and in accordance with the Codes of Conduct and Harassment guidelines set out by B.C. Athletics.
- Direct coaching of KTFC development and performance endurance (middle distance/cross country) athletes Midget (14/15) through to Senior (20-34) and identified Regional athletes as appropriate;
- Implement of a cross country and middle distance competition program;
- Mentoring of developing endurance KTFC and Interior region coaches;
- Provide assistance to coaches in developing the annual training and competition plans for developing and performance athletes;
- Outreach to local schools by offering clinics, camps and coaching assistance as appropriate;
- The identification of and outreach to emerging, developing and performance level athletes and their personal coach in the Interior and Okanagan Regions;
- Provide regular communication and information forums with the Interior and Okanagan Provincially identified Middle Distance IPS athletes and their personal coach;
- Work with the BC Athletics T&F Technical Mgr and the Head Coach of the BC Endurance Project to insure ongoing program and development opportunities for identified Interior/Okanagan middle distance/cross country athletes and coaches;
- Referencing the BC Athletics/Cdn Sport Institute – Pacific/Pacific Sport Agreement and the Benchmarks for IPS identified athletes, provide ongoing monitoring and reporting as appropriate;
- Establish and provide contact information and links to BC Athletics, the Athletics Canada National Endurance Group-Victoria, PacificSport Interior and Okanagan and other related agencies;
- Assist in the promotion of programs related to track and field including training camps, competitions and professional development;
- Attend Track & Field and Cross Country Meets – School, Club, Regional, Provincial and National/International – as appropriate and possible;
- Establish contacts and regular communication with the local and regional Media;
- Assist in Club administration as it pertains to coaching duties for Middle Distance and Cross Country;
- Assist with Club fund-raising programs.
- Submit monthly reports in writing to the KTFC Executive highlighting recent activities and upcoming events.
- Provide quarterly reports, updates and plans to BC Athletics through the BC Athletics T&F and Rd/XC Technical Managers – as per the BC Athletics/Canadian Sport Institute-Pacific Agreement.