Title: BC Athletics – Coordinator, Run Jump Throw
Reports to: President / CEO
Location: BC Athletics, Fortius Athlete Development Centre, Burnaby, BC
BC Athletics is currently seeking an energetic and dedicated individual to join our organization as the Coordinator, Run Jump Throw. As an integral part of the Athletics Long Term Athlete Development Model, Run Jump Throw acts as an entry point for children into grassroots sport. This is a full time position.
Reporting to the President / CEO, the successful candidate will demonstrate a proven record of multitasking and time management skills and be able to work effectively with outside partner groups such as schools, clubs, and recreation departments.
Manage all aspects of Athletics Canada’s Run Jump Throw program in British Columbia including:
- Coordinate courses, learning facilitator training, direct delivery and camps with schools, community centers, BC Athletics Clubs, Para-Athletics organizations and partner agencies
- Create strategic partnerships for outreach and expanded sustainability in local communities
- Continued management of ongoing programs with partner agencies
- Tracking and Reporting to stakeholders
- Internal: BC Athletics Board of Directors and Membership
- External: Athletics Canada, Funding Partners
- Promotions and marketing
- Promotional materials for Schools, School Districts, Clubs and Community Recreation Centres
- Event spotlights (i.e. Vancouver Sun Run)
- Marketing campaigns
- Program Budget Input (annual revenue and expenses, projections for quadrennial planning)
- Submit applications, proposals, reports (fiscal and activity) and letters of intent to private and public sector funding organizations for grants, program and overall support.
- Manage volunteers and staff at events and deliveries
- Other duties that may be assigned
- Post-secondary education and training in physical education, human kinetics or associated disciplines
- Demonstrated organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required
- Highly motivated and self-initiating
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Run Jump Throw training would be considered an asset
- Experience as an athlete and/or coach would be considered beneficial for this position
- An ability to work as part of a team and in an individual environment
- Experience working with volunteers
- Experience in web-site posting and electronic communication
- Criminal records check (since 2010)
Salary – commensurate with training and experience (range: $40,000 to $45,000/yr)
Benefits – 8% of salary
Travel – as part of Program Delivery, Training and Professional Development
This is a full time position and may require some lifting, set up and travelling.
BC Athletics as an equal opportunity employer, invites applications from all interested and qualified individuals. Only those qualifying individuals will be contacted to arrange an interview.
Deadline and Application details:
Applications must be received by December 27th, 2013 and include:
- A covering letter of application
- Your resume of education, training and work experience
- Three references with contact information for each
- Your contact information – email address, res/cell phone #, mailing address
- Note: Anticipated Start Date: January 13th, 2014 with training and orientation Jan 9th & 10th.
Applications should be sent to:
Attn: Brian McCalder, Pres/CEO
Fortius Athlete Development Centre
3713 Kensington Avenue
Suite 2001 B Oslo Landing
Burnaby, BC V5B 0A7