The following 3 sessions will be held directly after the 2013 BC Athletics Annual General Meetings on Saturday, December 7, 2013. The Educational Sessions/Workshops will run from 1:30pm to 4:00pm. All those wishing to attend the sessions need to pre-register. The registration form is available at the following link – go to the “Educational Sessions / Workshops” tab http://www.bcathletics.org/Content/bc-athletics-annual-general-meeting/49/
1. Track & Field Competitions – The Future (1:30pm – 2:30pm)
Garrett Collier – Technical Manager for Track & Field
• With a limited number of weekends in the year and more and more clubs putting on track meets we need to look at our competitions and how we present them. One Day meets, Sanctioning timelines, Calendar of Events listings, unified registration process and clubs teaming up to put meets on are some of the topics to be discussed.
2. Road Running Event Risk Management (1:30pm – 2:30pm)
• A presentation and discussion about risk management, primarily related to road races, but also applicable to other event types. Topics to be covered include Course Safety & Security; Communication Plans; Medical Plans; and Liability and Insurance.
3. Big Changes for NCCP (3:00 – 4:00pm)
Jennifer Schutz – Coaching Education Coordinator
• Coaching Education in Canada is making some dramatic changes in 2014 (not just Athletics Canada). The new requirements for (1) courses, (2) evaluations and (3) accumulating professional development points will be explained.
Please visit the BC Athletics AGM page on the website for full details.